Senior Engineer who loves to make products that empower and delight.
Recently working with Swift, React, and React Native.
October 2017 — Present
- Worked with React and React Native to build telemedicine applications that empowered patients to renew contact lens prescriptions with an interactive exam.
- Streamlined onboarding and checkout flow which doubled order placed conversion rates.
- Identified UX issues and used metric-backed A/B tests to improve web and app products.
Senior iOS Engineer
November 2016 — September 2017
- Collaborated with a large remote team to build an iOS and Apple TV app for a Fortune 500 technology client with an extension functional spec and QA process.
- Worked in a small team to build the company’s flagship product Kaleidoscope 2 — the best way to compare text files, images, and folders on iPad. All code was written exclusively in Swift 3.0, aided by peer review and Agile methodologies.
February 2014 — October 2016
- Lead iOS Engineer for app that helps on-site service professionals schedule appointments, manage customer databases, create estimates and invoices, and collect payments.
- Expanded upon existing Objective-C codebase, led an interface redesign, and overhauled codebase for Swift 3.0. Coordinated with designers and other engineers to grow the functionality, improve existing features, squash bugs, and improve performance.
October 2012 — February 2014
- Architected and developed the Printzel SDK — an Objective-C framework for implementing the Printzel API which allowed developers to sell photo products from within their software.
- Created iOS app that showcased the SDK and empowered customers to create photo books.
- Created FLIP & BLEND, apps for iPhone that showcased the flexibility of the Printzel SDK.
Associate Technology Director
September 2010 — October 2012
- Responsible for technical oversight for an interactive digital agency.
- Outlined technical opportunities and risks during strategy phase.
- Created development timelines and budgets.
- Worked with designers to maintain technical feasibility and efficiency.
- Managed and participated in development and led internal / client QA.
- Communicated directly with external development teams before, during, and after each project.
September 2007 — May 2011
- Creativity & Computation — Led studio course to introduce incoming MFA students to programming and how code is used by designers.
Head of Online Development
May 2009 — September 2010
- Lead Developer for team that built a social network for a video game that instructed users to play a real guitar.
- Assisted with design and development of PC & MAC game software.
May 2007 — May 2009
- Partnered with Creative Directors to find technical solutions for realizing concepts.
- Advised on interactive, motion, and development challenges.
- Wrote a lot of code (AS3, CSS, HTML, PHP).